This is a Premium feature. With the Activity Planner, you'll be able to create a weekly schedule for the children with notes and activities to share both internally and with parents.
It'll allow you to build your own schedule the way you want it, add and name rows, write notes and add activities from the Activity Library.
Among other things, the Activity Planner will allow you to:
- Create a different schedule for each room
- Copy schedules to other weeks and/or rooms, so you don't have to start over every time
- Choose which rows you make visible to parents and which ones are only visible to staff
With the Activity Planner you can plan which activities to do with the children each week and share this with parents.
Here are some advantages of using the Activity Planner in Famly:
- Easy to create week plans with activities for children
- Share the week plans with parents
- Share activities across the nursery and reuse for future activity plans
- Get more out of the Activity Library
- It’s flexible and can be built exactly as you want it
Parents will see and access Activity Plans from the sidebar menu, but they will only see it if there has been a minimum of 1 week plan created for the room that their child is in. This means that if you haven’t created any week plans, then parents won’t be able to access Activity Plans.
How does it work?
- To create a week plan go to the Activity Planner in your Apps section in Famly.
- Select the room and the week that you want to create the week plan for.
- Add sections to the week e.g. based on the time of day, type of activity or learning area. When adding a section, you can choose if the section should be visible to parents or if it should only be visible to staff.
- Click on the lego icon to add activities from the Activity Library. It’s possible to add activities from the activity library of your setting and from the public library.
- It is also possible to add notes to the week plan.
- When a week plan is published, parents with children in the given room can always view it (except sections marked as “invisible to parents”).
Further features in the Activity Planner:
- Write a weekly note for the entire week to describe the week to staff and parents
- It is possible to copy a saved week plan to a different week and/or room, so you don’t have to start from scratch every time
- You can choose whether or not parents should receive notifications when publishing a week plan
- It is possible to view parental permissions directly from the week plan
- Unpublish functionality
- Possible to add sections and select if a section should be visible to parents or not
- Drafts will be saved automatically
- Feature is invisible to parents until you start publishing week plans
2 permissions: Manage and/or view only