You may need some of your staff to work from home over the coming weeks. Here's a quick checklist to make sure your staff members are able to do so:
1. Do they have a device they can use?
Here's a handy guide on what devices they can use for Famly:
2. Do they have the necessary permissions to access Famly from home?
It might normally be required for your members of staff to be signed into the nursery premises to be able to access their account. This is when a staff member does not have the top permission in the list checked. To get around this you can either:
- Sign in your staff members from home using the overview, by navigating to their rooms, clicking on their name, and selecting ‘Status -> Sign in’.
- If you do not wish to sign in your members of staff manually, you can also change their staff roles to be able to access information from home. You do this by going into ‘Settings -> Staff’ and then clicking ‘Manage roles’ at the top. Here you need to make sure they have the permission ‘Can access Famly without being signed in’ which will allow them to log in from home.
3. Do they know their login credentials?
We’ve seen a rise of people having to use Famly from home for the first time. To do this, they have to use their email and password to log in, instead of their usual 4 digit pin.
If your staff member has forgotten their password, they can receive a reset password link by clicking on the ‘Forgot Password?’ button on the login page.
If they don’t know which email address they are registered with, you can see it by navigating to ‘Settings -> Staff’ and finding them on the list. Make sure that they use the exact email address they’re registered with as their username.
That should be it - If anything else pops up, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us, we’re more than happy to assist you in any way possible!