We want your transition to Famly to be simple, and we understand that you may have already entered child information into your current childcare management system. That's why we've made this guide to help you easily get your information out of your current software, and into Famly.
Once you've exported the information, your work is done. All you need to do is send it over to us at email@example.com, and we'll add it to your new system for you. This article will cover the following software providers:
- First Steps
- Instant Nursery Manager
- Baby Days
If you are currently using Kindersoft do the following:
- Log in to your Kindersoft account
- Click on Children on the left hand side
- Select at least the following boxes: Name, DOB, Gender, Room, Guardian 1, Guardian 1 email address, Start Date. You can add additional columns such as address, phone numbers and Guardian 2 information
- Next hit File -> export and save to your computer
If you are currently using Connect do the following:
- Log in to your Connect account
- Select Children in the top left
- Click on the Search icon in the top right, this should bring up your full list of children
- Depending on your computer, CNTRL and right click within the area of the table, then select export to Excel
- Enter the name you'd like to save the file as and where. We'd recommend saving the file on your desktop for quick access!
If you are currently using First Steps do the following:
Export list of children
- Log in to your First Steps account
- Select Registration in the top left corner
- Select Registration reports
- Select All Children list
- Use the filter "Filter By Status" and select "Registered Only"
- Click export at the bottom
- You'll be able to search for the file "AllChildrenList" on your computer once exported. This will be a list of children and their details.
Export list of contacts
- Next, head back in to First Steps
- Click on Registration
- Click on Registration Reports
- Click on Email addresses
- Select the filter "Filter By Status" and select "Registered Only" at the bottom
- Click export in the bottom left corner
- You'll be able to search for the file "EmailAddresses" on your computer once exported. This will be a list of children and their details.
If you are currently using Instant Nursery Manager do the following:
- Log in to your Instant Nursery Manager account
- Select the Misc tab in the top right corner
- Select Export Name and Addresses from the drop down menu
- Click Export Current List
- Click Finished Here
- Click again on the Misc tab, this time select Export Email addresses
- Click export To Excel
Unfortunately if you are using Baby Days, it is only possible to export information as PDF's which cannot be easily manipulated for upload in to other systems.