As children age, they often move into a new room at nursery. The advantage of using automatic room moves is that the Occupancy Report (in Apps) will forecast exactly how many children you should expect to have in each room. Famly won't actually move the children until you confirm the move, but the Occupancy and Room Planning reports will reflect the projected moves. You then have the option to confirm or to manually override when a room move should take place for a specific child.
In this article, we will cover:
Upcoming room moves
Individual moves for specific children
In Setup > Rooms you will find two buttons in the top right corner. Move Rules are for setting up rules and Upcoming Room Moves is - well, quite self-explanatory!
Within Move Rules you'll have the option of creating a new rule. Click that and follow the steps explained below:
- Choose the room that children start in, then what the next step is
- Select the room you want the child to move into
- Choose the rule that determines when the child will move up. You can select between on a specific day after reaching a certain age or when reaching a certain age. When one of the options is selected, you will be able to
- Specify when the move should happen
- Lastly, select the age of when the rule should come in to effect. Finish by clicking Create.
- Create as many rules as you need, and remember to click Save when you are finished.
Upcoming Room Moves
In Setup > Rooms you will be able to see upcoming room moves by clicking the button in the top right corner. You will get a list of children including their next room move and the date of this move. The overview is split further into overdue and upcoming room moves in order for you to keep track of who you need to move.
Before a child can be moved, you need to confirm the move. Click the Confirm button to the right to do so. If you want to change when the room move takes place for that specific child, just click Change and choose a different date.
Individual Room Moves
You can make an individual rule for a single child which will override the generic move rules created.
Do this from the child's profile under their About > Registration & Room Moves
If you don't want to use Famly's automatic option, you are still able to move the children manually. Do that in Setup > Children. In the third column, click the room name next to the child in order to select a new room. The change will come into effect immediately.