Firstly, head in to Setup > Plans. Check the checkbox in the top left hand corner of the table, and click 'Manage'.
1. Add new plans allows you to create plans for multiple children at once, so you don't need to go through each of these children. This is often used for siblings and is set up in exactly the same way you add an individual plan.
- Children with no plans: it creates new open ended plans from the chosen date
- Children with open ended plans: it ends the open ended plans and creates new plans from the chosen date
- Children with current plans and future plans: it creates a new plan from the date chosen, that then ends on the start date of the future plan. The future plan is unaffected.
- Children with plans that ended in the past and no current plans: it creates a new plan from the chosen date and extends the old plan to the date of the new plan.
2. Update plans allows you to update the pricing of the children's plans, if you have scheduled a change in Setup > Pricing. See below for 'warning'*.
3. Add/remove discount allows you to bulk add a discount to plans. This has been used during lockdown to discount charges for the parents, or could be used during a holiday period. You can choose when the discount comes into effect, and this is also the place to remove unwanted discounts from all plans.
*Update plans - Warning: Unable to save
You may find that when you bulk update plans, some will have an unable to save warning in red text, this can be for a number of reasons. These include but are not limited to:
- Children will be leaving the nursery (last day) before the change date
- Children will not start before the change date
- A session on the child's current plan has been discontinued so cannot be updated (unavailable)
- A session on the child's current plan does not have a price in all pricing group boxes, but the child is on automatic pricing (unavailable)
- The plan has already been invoiced for that date (cancel invoice to resolve)
- The invoicing profile on the current plan has been deleted from your platform
These plans will not be updated with the bulk update, instead you will need to check and update these manually, by going to their booking and hitting schedule change. Once you choose the change date, the plan should say what is wrong. If you find that the majority of your plans have a warning, cancel/close the bulk update, and make the necessary changes before trying the bulk update again.
Please note: Best practice is not to put end dates to your plans if you have scheduled future plans. Future plans will automatically end the ones you add.