In this article, you'll find tips on what to look for if you find something is not showing how you would expect:
The invoice total is incorrect
- Invoicing profiles
Check the invoicing profile selected for the child's plan
Invoices are calculated based on the invoicing profiles that you have assigned to their plans. Invoicing profiles using Actuals will charge for each actual day of the month, so shorter months with holidays will normally have a cheaper invoice than longer months without holidays. Annualised invoicing profiles will generate invoices with the same value of monthly charges each month based on the number of weeks you are charging for spread out over a certain number of invoiced months. Find your nursery's invoicing profiles by going into Setup -> Invoicing profiles. A child's invoicing profile is found on their plan.
- Attendance schedule dates: Invoicing profiles are assigned an attendance schedule which represents the days in the year that the children can attend, and for Actuals invoicing only, also represent the days the children can be charged for. Attendance schedules can be either Full Year, attend/charge for every day of the year, or Specific Dates, attend/charge for dates you have specifically marked in the calendar. Find your nursery's attendance schedules by going into Setup -> Invoicing Profiles -> Attendance schedules.
Note: if you make changes, you need revisit the children's plans.
- End-date on the plan period: If an end date has been added to a child's plan, they will not be charged for any day after that date. Find this on the child's plan.
- Last day entered: If a child has had a last day added to their profile, they will not be charged for any days after that date, even if the plan period does not have an end date. Find this in the About tab -> Registration and Room Moves tab on a child's profile.
- Pricing move rules: Pricing move rules can be used to automatically move children up the pricing groups, and thus be charged different prices, as they age. A child that has the Automatic pricing group chosen on their plan, will move according to the rules. You can setup or find your rules by going into Setup -> Pricing -> Pricing Move Rules.
Child (not) showing in the Room Planning app
- Start-date and end-date on the plan: If a child does not have a currently active plan, they will not appear in the Register. You can check the active plan of a child in the Bookings tab on the profile.
- Invoicing Profile/Attendance schedule dates: Children attend according to the invoicing profile that has been entered on their plan. Each invoicing profile is based on an attendance schedule which represents the days the children can attend the nursery. Find your nursery's attendance schedules by going into Setup -> Invoicing Profiles -> Attendance schedules. A child's invoicing profile is found on their plan.
- Closure days: Closure days represent the days the nursery is closed to all children. Children will not appear in the Room Planning app on closure days. You can find your Closure days by going into Setup -> Nursery Info.
- Vacation/Sick Day entered by the parents: Parents have the ability to mark their children as on holiday or sick. If they have done this, the children will appear with a sun or thermometer icon in the Room Planning app. You can see holiday/sick reports for children in the Activity tab of the child profile.
- Room Moves: You can schedule children to move rooms, either according to room move rules or manually. Children will move rooms automatically on the room move date, once the move is confirmed. You can setup your room move rules by going into Setup -> Rooms -> Room Move Rules. You can find a list of and confirm upcoming Room Moves by going to Setup -> Rooms -> Upcoming Room Moves. Manual Room moves can be done by going to the child's profile -> About -> Registration and room moves.
Staff cannot see anything in Famly
- Send logins: If a staff member has not been sent a login or had their login removed, they will not be able to access Famly. You can send logins by going to Setup -> Staff.
- Last day: If a staff member has had a last day added to their profile, they will no longer have full access after that date. You can see if a staff member has a last day added by going to their profile.
- "Can access Famly while not signed in" Staff Permission: This permission determines if a staff needs to be signed/checked in to the nursery (in the same way a child is) to access Famly. If they have this permission checked, they do not need to be signed/checked in, they will always have full access. If they do nothave this permission, they need to sign/check in (normally through the sign in screen/check in kiosk, or through the nursery overview). Once they are signed/checked in, they can log in to Famly and will have regained full access. They should sign/check out again at the end of the work day to limit access from home. Staff permissions can be found by going into Setup -> Staff -> Manage Roles.
Parents cannot see their child/balance in Famly
- Parent login sent: A parent must be sent a parent login for each child they would like access to. The email the login is sent to should be the exact same if they would like to access multiple children from a single login. A parent login will give access to the child's profile, newsfeed, calendar and messaging features. A Family login will give access to the newsfeed and calendar only. You can see if a parent has been sent a login by going to the child's profile -> Contacts tab -> click in to each parent. You can check the email and the type of login sent here.
- Parent assigned as bill payer/recipient: If a parent wishes to see the invoicing history for their child, they need to either be assigned as bill payer or invoice recipient for the assigned bill payer. Assign bill payers by going to the child's profile -> Invoicing tab -> Assign Bill payer. Once a bill payer has been assigned, to add additional invoice recipients, click See Info underneath the bill payer -> Add recipient under Invoice recipients.