- Browsers - accessing Famly from a laptop/computer
- Tablets - recommended devices
- Tablets - non-compatible devices
- Download the Famly app
- Keep the Famly app up-to-date
- Internet speed
1. Accessing Famly from a computer:
We find that Google Chrome is the most compatible with Famly. If you are currently using another browser e.g. Internet Explorer, we strongly suggest downloading Google Chrome for free! Making the switch will decrease the amount of possible technical issues you could face when using Famly on older browsers.
How to download Google Chrome:
- Click on the button below to access the Google Chrome download page
- Click on the Download Chrome button
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Once downloaded this icon (or similar) will show up on your desktop. You can access your new browser by clicking on the icon.
- Go to app.famly.co and you are ready to login using your email address and personal password.
Make Chrome your Default browser by accessing your browser settings either through your Start Menu & Control Panel (Windows) or clicking File & Preferences when Chrome is open (Mac).
The Famly app is available for Apple devices (iPad/iPhone), devices running the Android operating system (Samsung etc.), and certain Fire devices (detailed below).
In terms of using Famly on tablet, you have quite a few options!
We recommend the following:
- Minimum 9 inch tablets (iPads or Android)
- Model released within the last 2 years
- Supported operating systems include:
- iPad/iPhone (iOS) 12.0 or newer
- Android version 7 or newer
It is important that the version of your operating system on your device is supported by the manufacture in order to prevent security issues.
Amazon Fire/Kindle minimum specification:
• Fire 7 (min. 2017)
• Fire HD 8 (min. 2017)
• Fire HD 10 (min. 2017)
*** the Fire HD 10 is most recommended of the three.
How to find the version of your device:
Android: go to Settings > 'About device', > 'Software info', > 'Android version'.
Apple: go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'About' > 'Version'.
3. Devices we do not recommend:
Lenovo Tab 7 Tb-7304F, this device has been found to be buggy with many types of apps running a specific core technology, including the Famly app. We do plan on making changes to our core technology in 2019, however we suggest using a different device when running Famly.
Hudl devices, these devices were discontinued in early 2015. They run Android 4 Jelly Bean, which was released in 2012 and no longer compatible with most apps including Famly.
4. Download app:
You will be able to download the app onto Apple devices from the App Store and onto Android devices from the GooglePlay Store.
5. The Famly App:
We recommend that you always keep the Famly app updated.
Your device's current app version: Look in the bottom right corner on the login screen when you open the Famly app.
Enable automatic update of the Famly app:
Android - Go to 'Google Play Store', click the three bars in the top left corner, select 'Settings', look for 'Auto-update apps' and enable.
iOS - Go to 'Settings', scroll down and click the Famly app, click 'Background App Refresh'.
6. Internet Speed:
Famly is running online, and updates in real-time which requires a stabile internet connection. We recommend that your internet connection is at least 10Mbit download and 2Mbit upload. If you want to upload larger files like videos, we recommend 10Mbit upload speed.
You can check your current internet speed by clicking here.